ISO 22000:2005 CERTIFICATION
Food safety management systems
Food Safety is essential requirements for a healthy nation therefore FSMS is the basic requirements of the Healthy Nation, People and for a healthy society Failures in food supply can be dangerous and cost plenty. ISO has developed the ISO 22000 standard for the certification of food safety management systems. The standard is intended to provide security by ensuring that there are no weak links in the food supply chain, and to achieve international harmonization in the field of food safety standards.
What is ISO 22000 Food Safety Management?
ISO 22000 is a truly international standard suitable for any business in the entire food chain, including inter-related organizations such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients.
ISO 22000:2005 is also for companies seeking to integrate their quality management system, for example ISO 9001, and their food safety management system.
The standard combines generally recognized key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain, including:
- Interactive communication
- System management
- Control of food safety hazards through pre-requisite programmes and HACCP plans
- Continual improvement and updating of the food safety management system
What are the benefits of ISO 22000?
- Introduce internationally recognized processes to your business
- Give suppliers and stakeholders confidence in your hazard controls
- Put these hazard controls in place across your supply chain
- Introduce transparency around accountability and responsibilities
- Continually improve and update your systems so it stays effective